We again requested a moratium on the Herring Fishery
The Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) has (finally) decided to reduce the targeted commercial herring harvest in the Strait of Georgia. While this is a step in the right direction, their justification for carrying on with a commercial fishery is on shaky ground from a data analysis perspective.
We continue to request a moratorium on the commercial herring fishery.
Latest news and events
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery