Our 2016 Speaker Series continued with a presentation by Merran Smith, Executive Director, Clean Energy Canada, and a fellow at Simon Fraser University. Merran is a member of the B.C. government’s Climate Leadership Team, and the City of Vancouver’s Renewable Action team. Prior to her work on climate and energy, she spent over a decade on forest conservation and was called the ‘environmental architect’ of the Great Bear Rainforest conservation agreement.
Merran talked about the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- 28-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House