Our 2016 Speaker Series continued with a presentation by Merran Smith, Executive Director, Clean Energy Canada, and a fellow at Simon Fraser University. Merran is a member of the B.C. government’s Climate Leadership Team, and the City of Vancouver’s Renewable Action team. Prior to her work on climate and energy, she spent over a decade on forest conservation and was called the ‘environmental architect’ of the Great Bear Rainforest conservation agreement.
Merran talked about the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening