Saturday, 27 November, 1:00 pm
Our 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 27th, 2021, via a Google Meet meeting.
We held this year’s AGM virtually, in accordance with the BC Government’s default position as of May 2021 under the Societies Act (s. 83(1)), namely that a member may participate in an electronic meeting called by a society “unless the bylaws of a society provide otherwise.”
After the formal business presentation, we continued with a guest speaker, Ruth Simons (see below).
View the slides presented at the AGM.
View the AGM Minutes.
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2020 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
1:50 pm: Break
2:00 pm: The Átl’ka7tsem/Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Region
UNESCO (United Nations Education, Scientific, and Cultural Organization) Biosphere Regions are areas of global ecological significance, that make an ongoing commitment to the United Nations to strive for sustainability.
They are not parks, and they have no legal authority. They are places where people are inspired to find ways to live and work in harmony with nature. And Átl’ka7tsem/Howe Sound is now one of them.
Ruth Simons, President and ED of the Howe Sound Biosphere Region Initiative Society, will talk about the initiative, what it means for us, and will answer your questions.
We hope that you will be able to join us; everybody is welcome to attend.
Latest news and events
- 16-Nov: We’re grateful to the Knick Knack Nook for their donation
- 2022 Annual General Meeting
- 11-Oct: Our letter to Metro Vancouver concerning the new regional park
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 2021 Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?