The 2012 Annual General Meeting was held at 3:30 pm on Saturday, November 17th, 2012, at Collins Hall (1120 Miller Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting, and we followed that with a pot luck dinner. Timing was:
- 3:30 pm: Formal business meeting
- 4:30 pm: “Emeralds at the Edge: a multimedia journey through the Great Bear Rainforest of BC and Haida Gwai”, presented by Dr. Andrew Wright.
Visit fjords, islands, and experience the incredible beauty and natural productivity that reflects the very origins of the planet.
As well, Dr. Wright arranged for us to see the film “Groundswell”, a beautiful collaboration between the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and Patagonia, Inc.
- 5:30 pm: Pot luck dinner
The formal AGM agenda included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2011 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
- Other Business
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening