The 2012 Annual General Meeting was held at 3:30 pm on Saturday, November 17th, 2012, at Collins Hall (1120 Miller Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting, and we followed that with a pot luck dinner. Timing was:
- 3:30 pm: Formal business meeting
- 4:30 pm: “Emeralds at the Edge: a multimedia journey through the Great Bear Rainforest of BC and Haida Gwai”, presented by Dr. Andrew Wright.
Visit fjords, islands, and experience the incredible beauty and natural productivity that reflects the very origins of the planet.
As well, Dr. Wright arranged for us to see the film “Groundswell”, a beautiful collaboration between the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and Patagonia, Inc.
- 5:30 pm: Pot luck dinner
The formal AGM agenda included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2011 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
- Other Business
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update