Our 2014 Annual General Meeting was held at 3:00 pm on Saturday, November 22nd, 2014, at Collins Hall (1120 Miller Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the draft AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting.
3:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2013 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
3:45 pm: Coffee break
4:00 pm: “What’s going on in Howe Sound?”, presented by Stephen Foster.
Much is going on in Howe Sound, but few people know what the “big picture” looks like, and how initiatives are coming together. Stephen talked about work being done by individuals, and organizations such as the Squamish Streamkeepers, Squamish River Watershed Society, the Future of Howe Sound Society, Save Howe Sound, and the David Suzuki Foundation, as well as the Squamish Nation.
- 28-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House