Our 2014 Annual General Meeting was held at 3:00 pm on Saturday, November 22nd, 2014, at Collins Hall (1120 Miller Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the draft AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting.
3:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2013 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
3:45 pm: Coffee break
4:00 pm: “What’s going on in Howe Sound?”, presented by Stephen Foster.
Much is going on in Howe Sound, but few people know what the “big picture” looks like, and how initiatives are coming together. Stephen talked about work being done by individuals, and organizations such as the Squamish Streamkeepers, Squamish River Watershed Society, the Future of Howe Sound Society, Save Howe Sound, and the David Suzuki Foundation, as well as the Squamish Nation.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening