Our 2015 Annual General Meeting was held at 10:00 am on Saturday, November 28th, 2015, at the Bowen Island Community School (1041 Mt. Gardner Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the draft AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting.
10:00 am: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2014 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
10:45 am: Coffee break
11:00 am: “Safe and Sustainable Shipping–What does it Take?”
This presentation was made by by Richard Wiefelspuett, Executive Director, Clear Seas Centre for Responsible Marine Shipping.
Clear Seas is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides impartial and evidence-based research to inform the public and policy makers about marine shipping in Canada, including risks, mitigation measures, and best practices for safe and sustainable marine shipping. Clear Seas’ vision for safe and sustainable shipping is holistic, encompassing environmental, social and economic impacts of the shipping industry.
Richard has kindly made his presentation available to us (this copy does not include the embedded video).
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update