Our 2016 Annual General Meeting was held at 10:00 am on Saturday, November 26th, 2016, in the Multipurpose Room at the Bowen Island Community School (1041 Mt. Gardner Road).
- View the slides presented during the formal business meeting, in PDF form.
- View the draft AGM minutes, in PDF form.
This year we continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting.
10:00 am: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2015 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
10:45 am: Coffee break
11:00 am: Guest Speaker: “Is sustainability still an option or is it now a necessity?“
Island resident Jae Mather joined us to talk about how global macro trends relate in some way or another to the environment and sustainability. Jae is a Director of Sustainability at the Carbon Free Group, where he influences senior leaders to move beyond theory to the practical application through innovating new technologies, training, and services. He designs and implements energy efficiency and climate change strategies across the built environment, government and NGO sectors.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening