Our 2017 Annual General Meeting was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 25th, 2017, in the Multipurpose Room at the Bowen Island Community School (1041 Mt. Gardner Road).
We continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting.
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2016 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
1:45 pm: Coffee break
2:00 pm: Guest speakers: “Our wild salmon“
Recently several salmon-related issues have been in the news: open-net salmon farms, the escape of 300,000 Atlantic salmon from a salmon farm in Puget Sound, and friction between federal and provincial scientists about the integrity of salmon farm disease lab results.
Bob Turner, citizen scientist, explorer of Howe Sound, and Bowen Island film maker, and Tim Pardee, salmon enhancement volunteer with the Bowen Island Fish & Wildlife Club, will address some of these issues, and will present two short films that bring to life salmon runs in Howe Sound: one on the 2016 Bowen Island Chum run, and one on the 2017 Stawamus Pink run. They will also provide an update of activity at Bowen Island’s Terminal Creek Salmon Hatchery, and lead a discussion of issues impacting wild salmon.
Review the draft minutes of the AGM.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening