Our 2019 Annual General Meeting was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 23rd, 2019 at the Bowen Island Community School.
After the formal business presentation we screened a beautiful film, and the film Director answered questions.
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2018 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
1:45 pm: Coffee break
2:00 pm: Guest speaker Jon Chiang: Sound Water
From the Headwaters of the Elaho River, down the Squamish and into Howe Sound–Sound Water is a film that questions our pursuit for adventure, our relationship with nature and with ourselves.
A beautiful film, Sound Water begins by asking a simple question” “Where does the water come from?”. It leads to a more complex series of questions: “What does our connection to water mean?”, “What about our connection to nature?”.
We are sure you will enjoy the film and the chance to talk to the film makers.
About Jon: A director based in Vancouver, Jon’s work focuses on creating intimate and moving branded films for his clients. His previous short documentary ‘The Lion’ was awarded the People’s choice award at the Vancouver Asian Film Festival. It has also been screened at the Asian American International Film Festival and Vancouver Short Film Festival.
Jon’s curiosity about Howe Sound/Atl’Kitsem, led to the creation of Sound Water, his first outdoor short documentary.
Latest news and events
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House
- 04-May: Herons, Hummingbirds, and Hawks of Bowen Island