Our 2019 Annual General Meeting was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 23rd, 2019 at the Bowen Island Community School.
After the formal business presentation we screened a beautiful film, and the film Director answered questions.
Read the Minutes of the meeting
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2018 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
1:45 pm: Coffee break
2:00 pm: Guest speaker Jon Chiang: Sound Water
From the Headwaters of the Elaho River, down the Squamish and into Howe Sound–Sound Water is a film that questions our pursuit for adventure, our relationship with nature and with ourselves.
A beautiful film, Sound Water begins by asking a simple question” “Where does the water come from?”. It leads to a more complex series of questions: “What does our connection to water mean?”, “What about our connection to nature?”.
We are sure you will enjoy the film and the chance to talk to the film makers.
About Jon: A director based in Vancouver, Jon’s work focuses on creating intimate and moving branded films for his clients. His previous short documentary ‘The Lion’ was awarded the People’s choice award at the Vancouver Asian Film Festival. It has also been screened at the Asian American International Film Festival and Vancouver Short Film Festival.
Jon’s curiosity about Howe Sound/Atl’Kitsem, led to the creation of Sound Water, his first outdoor short documentary.
Our thanks to the Knick Knack Nook
We are grateful to the Knick Knack Nook Small Grants Program for their financial support for the film presentation at this event.
Latest news and events
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening