Saturday, 26 November, 1:00 pm
Our 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 26th, 2022, and the Bowen Island Community School, Multipurpose Room.
After the formal business meeting, we continued with a presentation (see below).
View the slides presented at the AGM.
View the AGM Minutes.
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2021 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
Latest news and events
- 16-Nov: We’re grateful to the Knick Knack Nook for their donation
- 2022 Annual General Meeting
- 11-Oct: Our letter to Metro Vancouver concerning the new regional park
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 2021 Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
1:50 pm: Break
2:00 pm: Update on the Wild Coast Nature Refuge
Mark Edmonds and Bob Turner talked about our work in the Nature Refuge, and answered questions.
Bob presented a short video of his first impressions of the Nature Refuge, made in late 2020. Mark updated everybody on what has happened since the Conservancy purchased the lands. He shared some beautiful photos, and some insights into further work.
3:00 pm: Closing remarks