The Conservancy is very interested in the development proposal put forward by John Reid for the lands around Grafton Lake (also knows as the “Rennison Lands”). Members of the Board, and several members at large, have participated in the walks around the lake held earlier this year, and we have learned much about John’s ideas for the area.
At the same time, the Conservancy has commissioned an environmental assessment report on the lands, from an independent consultant. The purpose of this report is to identify environmental issues and opportunities with the concept plan for the Grafton Lake lands provided by John Reid in early 2015.
The Conservancy invites the community to review this report as a contribution to Bowen’s conversation about development of the Grafton Lake Lands.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update