The Conservancy is very interested in the development proposal put forward by John Reid for the lands around Grafton Lake (also knows as the “Rennison Lands”). Members of the Board, and several members at large, have participated in the walks around the lake held earlier this year, and we have learned much about John’s ideas for the area.
At the same time, the Conservancy has commissioned an environmental assessment report on the lands, from an independent consultant. The purpose of this report is to identify environmental issues and opportunities with the concept plan for the Grafton Lake lands provided by John Reid in early 2015.
The Conservancy invites the community to review this report as a contribution to Bowen’s conversation about development of the Grafton Lake Lands.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening