A rare chance to visit the Park
On Sunday, 23 September, with support from BC Parks, the Bowen Island Conservancy took a group of people on a hike to visit Apodaca Provincial Park, which is located on the eastern shore of Bowen Island.
The Park is normally only accessible by water, but we were given permission to hike over private land with a group of up to 35. This was a rare chance to see the Park (the last time was in 2012) and we were accompanied by Alan Whitehead, who talked about the onshore ecology and things to see once at our destination.
Latest news and events
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Update on the Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House
- 04-May: Herons, Hummingbirds, and Hawks of Bowen Island