Below is a message that the Bowen Island Conservancy received today from Enrique Sanchez at BC Timber Sales.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS)–Chinook is cancelling the open house scheduled for July 30, 2017 on Bowen Island. BCTS-Chinook has decided to remove Bowen Island (Salish Forest Development Unit) from its current Forest Stewardship Plan (FSP) proposal, since there are no immediate or mid-term harvest plans for the island, and Bowen Island residents have expressed a desire to develop a community engagement strategy that will exceed the timeframe required for approval of the FSP
Enrique Sánchez, R.P.F
British Columbia Timber Sales
Chinook Business Area
Tel: 604-702-5748 Fax: 604-702-5711
So no open House, no Thousand Person March, and we can get back to enjoying our lives in peace and quiet. Thanks to all of you who sent letters and emails to various individuals in government and the media with your views on this issue. This is great win for Bowen Island!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update