Date and time
Our 2020 Annual General Meeting was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 28th, 2020, via a Zoom meeting, in accordance with the BC Government’s Ministerial Order No. M116.
After the formal business presentation, we continued with some presentations about the new Park at Cape Roger Curtis.
View the slides presented at the AGM.
View the AGM Draft Minutes.
1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
The formal portion of the meeting included:
- Approval of the AGM Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the 2019 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Consideration and adoption of the Financial Statements (required for filing the annual report to the government)
- Directors: election of new and returning directors
1:50 pm: Break
2:00 pm: Our new waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis
On December 16th we will take possession of 32 acres of waterfront property at Cape Roger Curtis. We took some time at this point in the afternoon to talk about some important aspects of the lands that make up the park, and to answer questions.
- Owen Plowman gave an overview of the area and the park, and how this park became a reality
- Bob Turner showed a short video about the park
- Sue Ellen Fast spoke about the ecosystem on the coastal bluffs and why it needs to be protected.
Latest news and events
- 17-Oct: Save the date for our AGM
- 30-Sep: A virtual discussion about the BC Key Biodiversity Areas program
- 29-Sep: Tree planting in Crippen Park
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay