We are delighted to have received a substantial donation from the folks at First Credit Union.
Earlier this year, we were contacted by the Credit Union who told us that they were running a campaign to encourage their members to switch to e-statements. For each customer who switched, they were donating $5 to organizations working to preserve local forests and natural environments, in each community where they had a presence. On Bowen Island, the Conservancy was chosen as the recipient. This resulted in a donation of over $700!
We are very grateful for this donation, and for the recognition of our work by First Credit Union.
Latest news and events
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening