Our 2011 Annual General Meeting was held at 10:00 am on Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, at the Bowen Island Community School.
- View the slides (PDF) presented during the formal business meeting.
- View the AGM minutes (PDF)
The formal business meeting included two special topics: (1) a proposed change to the Membership Fee policy, and (2) a proposed change to the Conservancy’s Bylaws concerning Notices to Members (Special Resolution).
We continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting. Timing was:
- 10:00 am: Formal business meeting
- 10:45 am: Coffee break
- 11:00 am: “On Bogs, Fens and Crazy Boggers”, by Laurence Brown and Gerry Mignault of the Camosun Bog Restoration Group. Laurence and Gerry talked about the differences between bogs, fens, and marshes. They discussed the successful restoration of Camosun Bog and what it can teach us about the protection and preservation of wetlands, information that may be of help in areas such as Fairy Fen.
- Laurence and Gerry have a love of wetlands and have been working on restoration of Camosun Bog for a combined total of 26 years. They are not professional biologists and have learned from practical experience, often by trial and error. With work on Camosun Bog nearly complete, they are now involved in restoration and protection of other wetlands, including the bog in Stanley Park.