Our 2013 Annual General Meeting was held at 10:00 am on Saturday, November 23th, 2013, at Bowen Island Community School (1041 Mt. Gardner Road).
- View the slides (PDF) presented during the formal business meeting.
- View the AGM minutes (PDF).
We continued our tradition of a guest presentation after the formal business meeting. Timing was:
- 10:00 am: Formal business meeting
- 11:00 am: Coffee break
- 11:15 am: “Howe Sound: its natural wonders and environmental change”, presented by Bob Turner. Howe Sound, our glacier-carved fiord, is a mosaic of the extraordinary. This talk pays homage to its island archipelago, its mountains and volcanoes, salmon rivers and estuaries, forests and marine ecosystems. It also looks at environmental recovery since the early 1990’s. The recent return of herring, dolphin, and whales signal new health to Howe Sound’s waters, and we need to celebrate our remarkable backyard.
- About Bob Turner: a scientist with the Geological Survey of Canada, and former Mayor of Bowen Island, Bob has been exploring the Sound and surrounding mountains for 20 years. He was the lead organizer of the 1991 Howe Sound Environmental Science Workshop. He is also the author of Vancouver, City on the Edge, a popular book on the geology of the region, and Sea to Sky GeoTour, a guide to the geology and landscapes along Highway 99 from Vancouver to Whistler.