Our 2019 Annual General Meeting was held at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 23rd, 2019 at the Bowen Island Community School.
- View the AGM minutes (PDF).
After the formal business presentation we screened a beautiful film, and the film’s Director answered questions. Timing was:
- 1:00 pm: Formal business meeting
- 1:45 pm: Coffee break
- 2:00 pm: Guest speaker Jon Chiang: Sound Water. From the Headwaters of the Elaho River, down the Squamish and into Howe Sound, Sound Water is a film that questions our pursuit for adventure, our relationship with nature and with ourselves.
- A beautiful film, Sound Water begins by asking a simple question” “Where does the water come from?”. It leads to a more complex series of questions: “What does our connection to water mean?”, “What about our connection to nature?”.
- About Jon: A director based in Vancouver, Jon’s work focuses on creating intimate and moving branded films for his clients. His previous short documentary ‘The Lion’ was awarded the People’s choice award at the Vancouver Asian Film Festival. It has also been screened at the Asian American International Film Festival and Vancouver Short Film Festival.
- Jon’s curiosity about Howe Sound/Atl’Kitsem, led to the creation of Sound Water, his first outdoor short documentary.
Our thanks to the Knick Knack Nook
We are grateful to the Knick Knack Nook Small Grants Program for their financial support for the film presentation at this event.