Peter Drake, long a member of the Conservancy, Board member, and Chairman until April this year, passed away peacefully at his home on June 7th.
Peter will be greatly missed by us all at the Conservancy. His hard work and leadership have been invaluable for many years.
In the photo below, Peter is working at Quarry Park, and on a site visit during the establishment of the Fairy Fen Nature Reserve.
How to make a donation
You can make a donation in memory of Peter in two ways:
- Through the CanadaHelps website, with your credit card, PayPal, or Interac. Select the button labelled “Yes, as a gift in memory of“, follow the instructions, and then click on the “Continue” button to complete the donation.
- Note although you may create one, you don’t have to set up an account with CanadaHelps).
- At the Bowen Island branch of the First Credit Union, with a cheque payable to the Bowen Island Conservancy, Peter Drake Fund (you do not have to be a credit union member to make a donation this way).
We greatly appreciate the kindness of Peter’s family in selecting the Conservancy for donations.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update