On April 29, Dr. Alexandra Morton presented a talk on the plight of the West Coast’s wild salmon, and her work to convince the public, the fish farm industry and various government agencies to take measures before it is too late.
Dr. Morton is a registered professional biologist who was living in a remote archipelago studying whales when the fish farmers came to her town. Dr. Morton was recently interviewed by Paul Kennedy for CBC’s Ideas radio program. The episode was broadcast in early 2011 and is well worth hearing: besides being an interesting topic, Dr. Morton is a great speaker
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening