A talk by Vicky Husband
Our 2020 speaker series continued on February 22nd with a talk by Vicky Husband on “The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection”.
Vicky is a life-long resident of Vancouver Island. Born in Victoria, she is a recipient of the Order of Canada and Order of BC and an honorary doctorate from the University of Victoria for her volunteer conservation work in BC over the last 40 years. She is an internationally renowned forest and marine conservation advocate, acknowledged by the 1988 United Nations Global 500 Award. Vicky is a passionate defender of BC’s natural heritage, in support of parks and proper regional planning and land use.
Vicky has a wealth of experience in protecting forests, and this was a very interesting session.
Our thanks to the Knick Knack Nook
We are grateful to the Knick Knack Nook Small Grants Program for their financial support for this event.
Latest news and events
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection