Following the success of the May Forage Fish events, and in conjunction with the Bowen Nature Club, and the Bowen Island Eco-Alliance, the Conservancy co-sponsored a full day Forage Fish Beach Survey Workshop, on August 11th from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The purpose of the workshop was to develop teams on Bowen that can conduct periodic surveys of select Bowen beaches to test for forage fish eggs.
Sea Watch Society Executive Director and Scientist, Ramona de Graaf, conducted the workshop. Ramona is a marine biologist and oversees the province-wide research program to document and protect beach-spawning forage fish habitat. She is gifted and enthusiastic educator and this promises to be a very fun and informative event!
- 28-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House