Following the success of the May Forage Fish events, and in conjunction with the Bowen Nature Club, and the Bowen Island Eco-Alliance, the Conservancy co-sponsored a full day Forage Fish Beach Survey Workshop, on August 11th from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The purpose of the workshop was to develop teams on Bowen that can conduct periodic surveys of select Bowen beaches to test for forage fish eggs.
Sea Watch Society Executive Director and Scientist, Ramona de Graaf, conducted the workshop. Ramona is a marine biologist and oversees the province-wide research program to document and protect beach-spawning forage fish habitat. She is gifted and enthusiastic educator and this promises to be a very fun and informative event!
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening