On a beautiful August 13th we hosted a group of members of the Elders Council for Parks in British Columbia, who visited the Island to hike around Killarney Lake.
We met the group at the Community School and headed off to the Killarney Lake trailhead. Then we set off around the lake, stopping on the Boardwalk for a bite of lunch. It was a memorable outing for the group and after almost 3 hours they went their separate ways, stopping to look around Snug Cove and then heading back into the city.
Click on any photo to see a larger image.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update