On a beautiful August 13th we hosted a group of members of the Elders Council for Parks in British Columbia, who visited the Island to hike around Killarney Lake.
We met the group at the Community School and headed off to the Killarney Lake trailhead. Then we set off around the lake, stopping on the Boardwalk for a bite of lunch. It was a memorable outing for the group and after almost 3 hours they went their separate ways, stopping to look around Snug Cove and then heading back into the city.
Click on any photo to see a larger image.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening