A Zoom event about Kwil’akm / Mannion Bay
The Howe Sound / Átl’ḵa7tsem Marine Reference Guide is hosting a Zoom event in January, with SeaChange Marine Conservation Society and Bowen Island Municipality called ‘Stories from the Bay’.
It will be an evening of storytelling about Kwil’akm / Mannion Bay with stories from the community and a few presentations from groups who are actively restoring and taking care of the Bay.
The objective of this storytelling event is to build community, share information about the stewardship and management activities in the bay, and catalyse community engagement for nearshore restoration. It is a wonderful opportunity to hear stories submitted from individuals about their stewardship and connection with Mannion Bay. We are looking for positive stories and videos from individuals about Mannion Bay located on Bowen Island in Howe Sound.
Ways to get involved
Latest news and events
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update