A Zoom event about Kwil’akm / Mannion Bay
The Howe Sound / Átl’ḵa7tsem Marine Reference Guide hosted a Zoom event in January, with SeaChange Marine Conservation Society and Bowen Island Municipality called ‘Stories from the Bay’.
It was an evening of storytelling about Kwil’akm / Mannion Bay with stories from the community and a few presentations from groups who are actively restoring and taking care of the Bay.
The objective of this storytelling event was to build community, share information about the stewardship and management activities in the bay, and catalyse community engagement for nearshore restoration. It was a wonderful opportunity to hear stories submitted from individuals about their stewardship and connection with Mannion Bay.
Latest news and events
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update