Ever wonder exactly what is protected on our Island? One way to find out is to look at the Islands Trust Conservancy’s (ITC) Parks and Protected Areas data, which is a helpful resource that’s regularly updated.
You can view the information on the ITC web page. Click on the map of Bowen Island to see what is protected.
The Islands Trust Conservancy is the conservation land trust for Canada’s islands in the Salish Sea.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update