Ever wonder exactly what is protected on our Island? One way to find out is to look at the Islands Trust Conservancy’s (ITC) Parks and Protected Areas data, which is a helpful resource that’s regularly updated.
You can view the information on the ITC web page. Click on the map of Bowen Island to see what is protected.
The Islands Trust Conservancy is the conservation land trust for Canada’s islands in the Salish Sea.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening