On a beautiful October morning we arranged a morning hike around Crippen Park with the volunteers from Collingwood Neighbourhood House, who were visiting Bowen Island for an offsite retreat.
From Snug Cove we walked to the fish ladder and then on to the fish hatchery. Tim Pardee of the Bowen Island Fish and Wildlife Club opened the hatchery and talked to the volunteers about the Club’s activities. We then walked through the Meadows and the group was delighted to see the beaver lodges and dam.
The group’s leadership informed us later that the hike was the highlight of the day on Bowen Island.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening