On a beautiful October morning we arranged a morning hike around Crippen Park with the volunteers from Collingwood Neighbourhood House, who were visiting Bowen Island for an offsite retreat.
From Snug Cove we walked to the fish ladder and then on to the fish hatchery. Tim Pardee of the Bowen Island Fish and Wildlife Club opened the hatchery and talked to the volunteers about the Club’s activities. We then walked through the Meadows and the group was delighted to see the beaver lodges and dam.
The group’s leadership informed us later that the hike was the highlight of the day on Bowen Island.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront park at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update