Report dirt bike and ATV “mud bogging”

Ripping around in the bush and harming Crown land on a dirt bike or ORV (Off-Road Vehicle) might seem like recreation to some people, but in B.C. it is a crime.

Irresponsible off-roading with ORVs/ATVs, motorcycles or 4x4s, sometimes referred to as “mud bogging”, disrupts the ecological foundation of B.C.’s natural areas. In sensitive sites, the damage can be catastrophic. The Conservancy and the Ministry of Forests are particularly concerned about this kind of activity in the Fairy Fen Nature Reserve, and in the adjacent blocks of Crown Land.

Violation tickets for mud bogging are $575, and other penalties may include towing or impoundment of vehicles, jail time, and expenses related to habitat restoration.

Please report suspicious activities and environmental damage:

  • Toll-free, 24 hours: Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) 1-877-952-RAPP (7277)
  • From a cell phone *7277
  • Local RCMP: 604.947.0516.