The 2014 heron nesting season is underway. Why should we care? What is important about these birds in particular?
To answer these questions, and more, the Conservancy, the Bowen Island Eco-Alliance, and the Bowen Nature Club arranged for a presentation and discussion by Ross Vennesland, a local ecologist with specialized knowledge of Great Blue Herons and their habits.
Ross talked about the heron life history, status, and population trends, and the implications of disturbance on their continued well-being.
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 20-Jan: Stories from the Bay
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update