The 2014 heron nesting season is underway. Why should we care? What is important about these birds in particular?
To answer these questions, and more, the Conservancy, the Bowen Island Eco-Alliance, and the Bowen Nature Club arranged for a presentation and discussion by Ross Vennesland, a local ecologist with specialized knowledge of Great Blue Herons and their habits.
Ross talked about the heron life history, status, and population trends, and the implications of disturbance on their continued well-being.
- 28-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 02-Aug: An outing at Mannion Bay
- 06-Jun: Prohibit motorized use of Mount Gardner
- 14-Mar: A Park at Cape Roger Curtis!
- 22-Feb: The ongoing necessity of land and marine protection
- 09-Feb: Oppose the Salish Sea commercial herring fishery
- 05-Jan: Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve initiative update
- 05-Jan: HELIT TŦE SȽOṈ,ET (Let the Herring Live)
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 26-Oct: Marine Atlas Open House