The 2014 heron nesting season is underway. Why should we care? What is important about these birds in particular?
To answer these questions, and more, the Conservancy, the Bowen Island Eco-Alliance, and the Bowen Nature Club arranged for a presentation and discussion by Ross Vennesland, a local ecologist with specialized knowledge of Great Blue Herons and their habits.
Ross talked about the heron life history, status, and population trends, and the implications of disturbance on their continued well-being.
- 10-Jan: Letter to DFO requesting cessation of the Strait of George Herring Fishery
- 27-Nov: Annual General Meeting
- 14-Nov: 2021 Biodiversity Project/Species Census Report
- 06-Nov: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery Plans
- 28-Sep: A decision this Fall on non-motorized use of Mt. Gardner?
- 26-Jul: Camping at Cape Roger Curtis
- 24-Jul: Get involved with the Bowen Island Biodiversity Project!
- 01-Dec: Letter to DFO concerning the Herring Fishery
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- 16-Oct: Our waterfront conservation area at Cape Roger Curtis is happening